it’s about language & technology | the future is digital
Pumpkin used to be my nickname… My name is Debbie Brongers and I am the founder and owner of Pumpkin Editorial Services.
I am a Digital Marketing specialist. And a language craftsman and artisan. I am passionate about digital communications and the English and Dutch language.
‘Digital Marketing is an umbrella term for all of your online marketing efforts. Businesses leverage digital channels, such as Google search, social media, email, and their websites to connect with their current and prospective customers.’ [reference]
I work as a freelance copywriter, translator (incl. transcreation and localisation), web and visual editor in both English and Dutch. In addition, I also teach NT2 (Dutch as a second language) to expats living in The Hague, NL.
Digital copywriting, online editing, content creation, writing blogs and social media feeds in English & Dutch, SEO (search engine optimisation, metadata), English-Dutch-English text translation, transcreation and localisation, Content Management Systems (WordPress, Drupal, Intershop), copy editing and proofreading, data verification, Continuous Medical Education, submission process of publications to journals, project management and client liaisons.
Brands, science, medical, sports, information technology, education
Continuing Professional Development
- Dutch language conference [De Redactie], 2016
- Content marketing and storytelling conference, 2016
- Workshop SEO copywriting, 2015
- WordPress and Mailchimp, 2015
- CPE Cambridge Proficiency in English, 2013
- Professional Editing 101 minor, ITV Hogeschool voor Tolken en Vertalen, 2013
- Annual SfEP Conference, UK, 2012 – workshops in demystifying grammar, thesis editing, proof-reading on-screen: PDF and web pages, and using social media to your advantage
- Media & Information Studies, Haagse Hogeschool, 2011
- Interpreter/Translator EN-NL & NL-EN, ITV Hogeschool voor Tolken en Vertalen, Utrecht, 1998
- Interpreter/Translator EN-NL & NL-EN, Hogeschool West-Nederland voor Vertaler en Tolk, Den Haag, 1997
- Dietetics, Academie De Laan (currently, Haagse Hogeschool), 1989
With a realistic planning and clear milestones, I have the skills to deliver the requested products on time, on target, and on budget.
Last but not least, with 9+ years of international work experience, I have built a wealth of knowledge of medical terminology of cardiovascular diseases, oncology and haematology. I am well-informed about all stages of the publication process in journals and the importance of high-quality and flawless (educational) materials for (international) conferences and advisory boards as part of the corporate branding strategy.
The Hague, The Netherlands
Based in The Hague, The Netherlands, near the beautiful beach and dunes of Scheveningen, and fully equipped with all technology needed, I can do all this no matter where in the world you are. I am also available for in-house contracts in the The Hague area.
2019 - Pumpkin Editorial Services. All Rights Reserved.